Name: Associate Professor Ir. Dr. Mohd Khairuddin Md Arshad
(SMIEE, MIEM, P.Eng)
Tel: 04-979 8580
Research of Interest: Biosensors, Bioelectronics, Nanoelectronics, Nanomaterials
- Dr.Sc.Ing. Docteur en science de l’ingenieur in Nanoelectronics
Universite catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium – 2013
Thesis: Characterization and Modeling of Ultra-Thin Body Fully-Depleted SOI MOSFETs.
- MSc. (Microelectronics)
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) – 2005
Thesis: Characterization of electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG) process for under bump metallurgy (UBM) in semiconductor packaging
MSc. best thesis award in 2005 for School of Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
- B.Eng. (Hons) – Electrical Engineering (Mechatronics)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) – 1999
Hewlett-Packard (M) Scholarship award for undergraduate study.
- Dip.Eng – Electrical Engineering (Power)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) – 1996
|Dec 17 – current||Associate Professor at School of Microelectronic, Universiti Malaysia Perlis:|
|July 08 – Nov 17||Senior Lecturer at School of Microelectronic, Universiti Malaysia Perlis|
|Mar 13 – Feb 2017||Deputy Director (Research and Innovation) at Institute of Nano Electronic Engineering|
|Apr 05 – June 2008||Lecturer at School of Microelectronic, Universiti Malaysia Perlis
University Senate Member: 2006 – 2008
Diploma Program Coordinator at University Level: 2005 – 2009
Program Chairperson for Diploma in Microelectronic Engineering: 2005 – 2007
|Dec 03 – Apr 2005||MSc. Research, Full-time research at ON Semiconductor Senawang, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.
Title: Characterization of Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold (ENiG) for Under Bump Metallurgy (UBM) in Semiconductor Packaging.
|Jan 03 – Nov 2003||Teaching Engineer at School of Microelectronic, Kolej Universiti Kejuruteraan Utara Malaysia (KUKUM), PERLIS|
|June 01 – Dec 2002||Product Engineer, Motion Control Department, Agilent Technologies Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Product Testing Development:
Customer Support Responsibilities:
|Jan 01 – Jun 2001||New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer, Motion Control Department, Agilent Technologies Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
|May 99 – Jan 2001||Process (Test) Engineer, Motion Control Department, Agilent Technologies Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
|March 98 – May 1998||Industrial Training, Smidgen/Polyled Department.
Hewlett-Packard Malaysia Sdn Bhd. Penang
- Scopus: H Index = 13, Citation = 444, and No of Papers (172)
- Google Scholar: H index = 14, Citation = 585, and No of Papers = 200
- ISI Journal Papers Q1 = 21 (47%), Q2 = 14 (31%), Q3 = 7 (15%), Q4 = 3 (7%), Total Paper = 45
- Author for 4 books Chapter published by Elsevier (1), Springer (1), IET (1) and UniMAP (1).
- ISI Journals Published during my postgraduate study (MSc = 3 papers and Ph.D = 10 papers)
- Ph.D supervision: Graduated = 3, On-going = 8
- MSc by research supervision: Graduated = 9, On-going = 3
- MSc by mixed-mode course supervision: On-going = 1
Other Academic and Technical Merits.
- Hewlett Packard Scholarship Award for undergraduate study, Skim Latihan Akademik IPT (SLAI) for MSc and PhD study.
- Had 4 years working experiences at Agilent Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd and 1 year at ON Semiconductor Senawang (Sdn) Bhd.
- Served as committee member for several conferences (IEEE ICSE, IEEE RSM, etc), and as reviewer for several conferences.
- Reviewer for several Impact Factor Journals i.e. Biosensors & Bioelectronics, Materials Science and Semiconductor Processing, Journal of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, Materials Science and Engineering C and etc.
- Associate Editor for the International Journal of Nanoelectronics and Material (IJNEAM), scopus-indexed Journal. Publisher, Universiti Malaysia Perlis.
- Accreditation evaluation panel i.e. EAC panel for Board of Engineer Malaysia (BEM) and Malaysia Quality Assurance (MQA).
- Chair, IEEE Malaysia Section Sensor and Nanotechnology Joint Councils Chapter.
- Two cycles as executive committee (ExComm) for IEEE Electron Device Society Malaysia.
- Delivered 1 keynote and 8 invited speakers at conference, seminar, talk and etc.
- Experienced as senate member, diploma coordinator at university level and deputy director at Institute of Nano Electronic Engineering.
- Recipient of Royal Society Newton Mobility Award in 2017.
- Won best thesis award for MSc. Study at UKM